About the Awards
- UMCo will work with the various state landscape associations to collate the 2021 state award winners in selected categories. These winners will receive automatic entry into this prestigious award and the wide recognition it commands.
- A six-month promotional campaign will include print, digital and social media content across our premier media assets: Outdoor Design, Backyard & Outdoor Living and Outdoor Design Source, prior to the winners being announced in April 2022.
- During the promotional period, the 2021 state award winners will be profiled via our purpose-built microsite and promoted online. In total, all entries will be promoted online for 12 months.
- The winning projects will also be showcased in three special print features across Outdoor Design and Backyard & Outdoor Living and Grand Designs Australia.
- A judging panel of industry experts from across the nation, along with a member from each of the sponsors, will adjudicate the entries and decide the Champion of Champions for each category. This will account for nine tenths of the vote.
- A promotion put out to UMCo’s extensive database of subscribers, social media audiences and online readers looking for their own dream landscape designs will be asked to vote on each residential category. The People’s Vote will be the final tenth of the vote.
- The Champion of Champions winners will be announced online. The winners will receive a large-scale media drive across all UMCo assets, including written profiles and project photos displaying the Champion of Champions: Australian Landscaper of the year badge.
We analysed each state association’s awards categories and came up with the most inclusive range of categories for both residential and commercial landscape projects. The winners of each state award that fall into the below categories will be eligible to be a Champion of Champions: Australian Landscaper of the Year.
Residential up to $70,000
Residential $70,000 – $150,000
Residential $150,000 – $250,000
Residential Over $250,000
Commercial Construction up to $500,000
Commercial Construction $500,000 – $1M
Commercial Construction Over $1M